I absolutely love a cake but I love a cake that’s lovely with a cup of tea but also as dessert and for me, Bakewell Tart pretty much sums that up. The combination of jam, cake and almond work so well together and it’s a classic bake for a reason – if you want to try something new, bake this wonderful tart.
You can use homemade pastry or for convenience buy a ready made pastry case – the choice is yours.
- Ready made sweet pastry case
- 100g jam
- 100g margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 150g ground almonds
- 20g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Spread the jam over the base of the pastry case.
- Cream the margarine and sugar before adding the eggs and mixing well.
- Add the almond extract and ground almonds, folding to add air to the mixture.
- Pour into the pastry case and sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes until golden brown.