There’s nothing better than a good salad in the Summer months, so I thought I’d share with you one of my favourite recipes. This Mackerel salad is fabulous for those following a clean diet, with plenty of good fats in there. Perfect for those summer nights to dine al fresco with loved ones.
Mackerel Salad with Roasted Radishes and New Potatoes
- 500g radishes
- 500g new potatoes, halved
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp greek-style yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Handful of fresh dill, finely chopped
- 160g mixed salad leaves
- 400g of smoked peppered mackerel fillets, skin removed
- Heat oven to 200C fan. Put the radishes and potatoes in a roasting tin. Drizzle with a 2 tbsp of olive oil and season. Roast in the oven for 30 mins until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the remaining olive oil, greek-style yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and dill. Season and set aside.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow to cool for 5 mins. Toss the mixed salad leaves in the dressing and serve. Top the salad leaves with the roasted vegetables, then flake the mackerel over the top.
- Garnish with a little chopped dill and serve.